Today the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights released new interim guidelines on how to investigate and adjudicate allegations of campus sexual misconduct under federal law. As of now, it remains unclear what direct implications this announcement may have for our campus procedures and standards, but we are in consultation with General Counsel at the Minnesota State system office and will continue to monitor the situation closely.
We remain committed to providing a positive, respectful learning environment and workplace for all. We have clear policies in place to promote the safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff, and others in our learning community, and we are fully committed to having a safe environment free from sexual assault.
Scott R. Olson
The following reporting resources and services are available to our campus community:
- Director of Affirmative Action/Title IX Coordinator: Lori J. Mikl, email@example.com, 507.457.2766
- Counseling Services: 507.457.5330 (Hours 8 am to 4:30 pm M-F)
- Advising, Warrior Success Center: Ron Strege, firstname.lastname@example.org, 507.457.5878
- Tutoring: Jillian Quandt, email@example.com, 507.457.5680
- Dean of Students: Karen Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 507.457.5300
- Gender-Based Violence Helpline (24/7 confidential helpline): 507.457.5610
- Silent Witness: http://www.winona.edu/security/report.asp
Latest posts by President Scott R. Olson (see all)
- ALICE Training Opportunity - February 16, 2018
- Stronger Together - February 2, 2018
- Black & White Photo Challenge: President’s Edition - January 29, 2018