Building on the longstanding partnership between Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC) and Winona State University-Rochester (WSU-R), the two colleges are excited to announce updated articulation agreements and new academic partnerships that will provide seamless educational opportunities for students who wish to complete a bachelor’s degree in high-demand careers while residing in the Rochester area. The academic agreements help students avoid course duplication and shorten the time to degree completion.
Greg Mosier, RCTC Vice President for Academic Affairs, shares “RCTC and WSU-Rochester, for many years, have developed programs that allow students to start with an associate’s degree from RCTC and complete a bachelor’s degree at Winona State right here in Rochester. This year, that good work with faculty and staff has continued. We are excited to announce updated existing agreements and added new articulation opportunities.”
“I started at RCTC as a PSEO student. I worked a lot with the RCTC PSEO Advisor, who set me up with all the classes I needed for my business management associate’s degree. Then I met with Paula Carlsen (RCTC/WSU-R Shared Advisor) and Kattie Bredehoft (College of Business Advisor) when I transferred to Winona State,” shares Preston Barnidge, a recent WSU-Rochester graduate. “I enjoyed the small classes and how everyone knows each other. I was also able to save a lot of money by staying in Rochester,” added Barnidge. Barnidge is completing an internship with Techstars++ in Rochester and will start his new job with Elite Custom Solutions, also in Rochester, this summer.
“Articulation agreements are great resources for RCTC students and the entire Rochester community. These agreements and the ongoing attention to partnering, support students earning an associate’s degree to continue their education with Winona State by completing a bachelor’s degree,” stated Jeanine Gangeness, WSU-Rochester Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. “In addition, some of these students go on to complete WSU graduate programs in nursing or education on the Rochester campus.”
- Accounting AS to Accounting BS
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling AS to Social Work BSW
- Art AFA to Art BA (Only available on the Winona campus)
- Bioinformatics Foundation AS to Computer Science BS
- Business Administration AS to Business Administration BS
- Computer Information Systems AS to Computer & Information Sciences BS
- Computer Information Systems AS to Computer Science BS
- Computer Science AS to Computer Science AS
- Environmental Science AS to Biology BS (Only available on the Winona campus)
- Liberal Arts and Science AA to Elementary Education (teaching) (Only available on the Winona campus)
- Liberal Arts and Science AA to Elementary Education/K-6 Education
- Nursing AS to Nursing BS
Additional programs will be added in future months. For more information regarding admissions, contact the Winona State University-Rochester Student and Campus Services at 507.285.7100 or the Rochester Community and Technical College Welcome Center at 507.285.7210.
Latest posts by Jade Grabau (see all)
- Rochester Scrubs Camp Kicks-Off Summer - June 8, 2016
- WSU and HealthForce Minnesota Partner to Address Critical Mental Health Needs in Southeast Minnesota - June 7, 2016
- WSU and RCTC Renew Academic Partnerships - June 6, 2016