Feb. 5, 2020
To the WSU Community,
As you have likely heard, the 2019 Novel Coronavirus is a topic of concern.
WSU Health & Wellness Services has verified that there are currently no confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the state of Minnesota, but one confirmed case in Wisconsin. Members of our campus community have a very low risk of exposure. It is also important to note that Winona State faculty, staff and students who may have traveled overseas during winter break have primarily been back since the start of classes on January 13th. Therefore, those travelers would be safely beyond the 14-day incubation period at this point. We urge you to focus on establishing practical protective measures and avoid bias against those you perceive to be at higher risk.
The WSU Health & Wellness Services team continues to monitor this situation and all health alerts to protect the health and well-being of our campus. Be assured that if a confirmed case is reported, the entire campus will be notified promptly.
While our campus community is not at immediate risk of the Coronavirus, cases of the common cold and flu are rising. To prevent further spreading of cold and flu, we urge all to take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid close contact with someone who is sick
- Disinfect surfaces that could be contaminated
- Get your flu shot (Health & Wellness Services still has shots available)
Any questions can be directed to the WSU Health & Wellness Services’ Ask-A-Nurse message line at 507-457-2292.
Be well and healthy,
Denise McDowell, Ed.D.
Enrollment Management and Student Life
Latest posts by Winona State University Communications (see all)
- Winona State Athletics Announces Home Contest Policies – Dec. 29, 2020 - December 29, 2020
- Preparing for Spring Semester – Dec. 27, 2020 - December 27, 2020
- WSU Announces Director of Alumni Engagement - December 10, 2020