I never dreamed that at this point in my life I would live in a residence hall. I had some special experiences as a resident of Lourdes Hall on our west campus during fall semester, and I learned a lot about Winona State and our students, including:
- Winona State is more distinctive than I knew.
- College students make good neighbors.
- We can live more simply if we want to.
- Alarms on the outside doors are activated in the evenings and if a President opens the door after that time, he or she will wake up everyone in the residence hall. (Sorry about that, students of Lourdes!)
- Students do a lot of learning outside the classroom.
- Students aren’t very talkative on the shuttle bus at 7:30 a.m.
- There’s a lot of Warrior pride in our first-year students.
- If there is a ghost living in Lourdes Hall, it missed its opportunity to control the university’s administration.
- The future will be in good hands.
- WSU students are awesome!
Latest posts by President Scott R. Olson (see all)
- Top Ten List: Why the Tunnels are Still Taking so Long - June 8, 2017
- Thanks for Supporting Higher Education in Winona - June 5, 2017
- Celebrating the Achievements of Our Students - May 8, 2017