Our hopes and dreams are taking shape as we move forward in our strategic planning process. We have distilled the hundreds of ideas to develop six specific planning topics.
- Student Learning: organizing ideas for offering innovative and high-quality learning
- Student Success: giving every student the opportunity to succeed
- Stewardship of Place: caring for and learning from our people and environment in a sustainable way
- Inclusive Excellence: becoming a welcoming campus to all
- Relationships: creating an atmosphere that maintains civility and respect and promotes participation amidst debate and disagreement
- Access and Opportunity: gathering ideas for serving students while keeping WSU affordable and high in value.
Within each topic are numerous action plans to achieve our goals. These goals are doable because they are logical extensions of things we are already doing. Through shared governance we will identify performance measures, accountability and timelines, and begin implementing our plan. Our planning documents are available on my website.